Friday, August 19, 2005

 

BrickBaby

Okay, I'll admit it. I've been a lazy sack of shit since last December. Today's posts are the first new additions to this blog since Anthony Flew made his mental illness public. But, I've been busy. I've been REALLY busy. Since last December, I have accomplished the following tasks: (1) I finished my Fall semester finals, (2) I started and completed a Winter semester, (3) I started and finished a Spring semester, (4) the wife and I tripped to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, (5) I knocked up the wife and (6) I started and finished my summer associate jobs with a couple of law firms in Austin, Texas. Yes, humble reader, you read that list correctly... I had to take classes in the winter.

Also, of lesser interest, is the news that BrickWife and I are expecting our first child, which will be named "Hellspawn" - if not by us, then certainly by the poor souls unfortunate enough to live under our child's iron-fisted reign of terror. Yes, I fully expect my firstborn to rise to power in a violent revolution, only to brutally oppress his subjects and establish an empire of the cruelest and most bloodthirsty temperment. Ah... what idealistic hopes we new fathers hold for our future children! Anyhoo, below is an image from BrickBaby's first sonogram.



Aside from the impending birth of our little eating-and-pooping machine, I have very little news to report. I plan to start posting, in serial, my thoughts on the concept of free will. Deja vu? Yes, I've made such promises before, only to deliver JACK SQUAT. However, I'm staring 2 weeks of freetime in the face and am already bored of doing my wife's laundry. Do you know how awkward it is to walk into the public laundry room with a basket full of nothing but frilly panties? Well, it's even more uncomfortable when I have to wash my wife's clothes!

Since I've already put together an outline of my free will diatribe, I figure, what the hell?, I might as well choose to spend my free time explaining why I believe we are incapable of truly choosing what we can do. I hope that after several months of seclusion in my own little personal bubble of non-bloggery, I still have some readers out there. If not, well fuck it - I'll just have to amuse myself with what amounts to partnerless rhetorical masturbation. Enjoy!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?